"She hurries away. He gazes after her. Now she is out of-sight Lizzie collapses on a stone wall. She is utterly undone. She clutches at herself, trying to draw breath into her winded soul. A herd of cattle pass, she stands and walks in the opposite direction."
"The reason I love working with Jacqueline Durran (the costumer also for Pride & Prejudice and Atonement) is she works from a character base, and everything is full of symbolism. We viewed Anna as a bird trapped in a cage. Her veils and corsets are like cages. Anna wore fur and for me it signified that she was suffocating herself in dead skin, trapping herself, making her own cage.She wears diamonds, the hardest stone that could cut her throat at any second. We wanted sex to be part of the symbolism as well, so a lot of the dresses were based on a lingerie idea with bed lace poking out. We used bed-linen fabric in one of the dresses to keep that post-coital vibe in it. The last dress Anna is seen in was based on a couple of paintings we studied of the fall of the Whore of Babylon.”
Rule 1: Post the rules
Rule 2: Answer the questions the tagger asked you then make 7 new ones (also tag the tagger)
Rule 3: Tag 7 people and link them to your post
Rule 4: Let them know you’ve tagged them
1. If you could choose one fandom for forever, which one would it be? (Besides P&P) Michael & Nikita 1997 series (starring Peta Wilson and Roy Dupuis), best love story in a TV show ever.
2. Who’s your current celebrity crush? Michael Fassbender.
3. What’s your favourite movie and how often have you seen it? (Again besides P&P) “The Princess Bride”, I watch it every Chritsmas Time.
4. What are on your room walls? Posters, photos, drawings…? One mirror and one crucifix I made for a schoolwork with clothes pegs.
5. If you could choose one supernatural gift, what would it be and how would you use it? Teleportation, I hate the inconveniences of travelling.
6. Is there a person that really annoys you? Too many!!! People who abuse other people or animals.
7. If your house was on fire, what would you safe first? (From your own posessions, your family members are safe) My PC.
- 1. The song you listen to again and again when your heart is broken.
- 2. A child’s toy you keep.
- 3. What makes you feel better: being totally honest or being a lovely and kind liar?
- 4. What do you prefer, the power to fly or being invisible?
- 5. One book you were unable to finish.
- 6. One book you liked so much that you didn´t want to get to the end.
- 7. One feeling you couldn´t live without.
OMG I’m so happy I found a page like this—not to mention still updated! The movie was years ago but I just started watching it a month ago, and I’m not lying, there wasn’t a day that I haven’t watched it. Even if I’m too busy or too tired, I’m like “I HAVE TO WATCH IT!” and everytime I do, it still feels like the first time I watched it—I’m still so engrossed with it :D there was even a time when I was sick that I watched it over and over for a whole day. I don’t know but there’s just a charm with it that you can never get tired of. The actors are so good, they are so perfect for the roles and I like Joe Wright’s take on it. I may be a loser about this but, I started reading my P&P book when I was 10 (I’m 21 now) I think, but I got so bored with it. But after watching this movie, it made me quickly finished reading the book and knocked my self why I hadn’t finish it before LOL and even now as a major fangirl, I research the filming, all the major characters’ biography, etc. and was so thrilled with the mixed up relationships some of them had xD
I just wonder why some people kept on comparing it to the 1995 miniseries. I mean come on, comparing a movie to a miniseries? Geez. But I’m thinking of watching it too though just to see it myself.
sorry for the lengthy post, actually I have more to say but, to sum up, I LOLOLOLOLOLOVEEE this movie. I will never EVER get tired of it.
A million THAKNS Georgina :) ! Your message is really rewarding.
Thank YOU sooo much, you´re very generous ♥.
I agree, what I meant is that the situation is a little bit forced, a little bit implausible. Thank for your answer :).
"The romance is all to do with represion. They seemingly hate each other, and that´s the engine for it. The stringency, the friction, of course is the fuel of that relationship.”
Deborah Moggach, Screenwriter)
Thanks :)! P&P and Victoria´s Secret? Well I find it hard to digest. That music will always be linked to Lizzie and a cliff edge, not even the best bra in the world can change that :).
Thank you so much and welcome to this lovely adiction :)! I know the feeling, mine is a very similar experience and I never get tired of it.